We are passionate about fulfilling our mission of supporting each unique person so they can progress, achieve independence, enjoy life and be included in the communities in which they live. If you have the energy and enthusiasm to help grow our success – read on to see the current vacancies. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
For general details about working at Kisharon such as benefits, training, etc, click on Working for us
Kisharon expects all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS criminal check will be required.
Manager – Kisharon Print & Design, Temple Fortune, NW London, full time, maternity cover
Are you a dynamic entrepreneur looking for an exciting opportunity to manage and grow Kisharon’s Print and Design enterprise? Do you have the unique combination of print design, business and management skills to fulfil this rewarding role?
Kisharon is a charity that supports children and adults with learning disabilities, and the Print and Design business is one of Kisharon’s innovative social enterprises. The successful candidate will manage the business, providing design and print services of the highest calibre and excellent customer service, maximise profitability and seek ways to promote Kisharon and provide opportunities for people Kisharon supports.
- Competitive salary up to £30k based on experience.
- Wide range of employee benefits e.g. season ticket loan, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers, etc.
- Work in an exciting and fulfilling culture with a supportive team
You will have:
- Graphic design experience of Mac CC and a good working knowledge of the CS suite including In Design, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to organise and manage business processes, and financial procedures.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
Closing Date for applications: 25th March 2018
Interested? Click here for an application form and click on job description to access details about this role, or contact Avni Thakrar, HR Administrator, email@example.com for more information. For an informal chat, contact Jess on 020 8457 5000.
Full Time Teaching Assistant, Kisharon School, NW11
This is an exciting time to join our Kisharon family as we have been granted planning permission to build a brand new, state of the art school building, due to open January 2020.
Are you passionate about empowering students with learning difficulties?
- Do you have the enthusiasm, commitment and determination to develop our students?
- Can you roll up your sleeves and work under pressure, as part of a dedicated team?
- Are you highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Are you committed to an ethos that promotes the progress and well-being of each pupil.
If you can respond with “Yes” to the above questions, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of specialist teaching staff. Responsibilities will include:
- undertaking classroom and school wide work
- providing care and enabling access to learning for all pupils
- carrying out pupils support programmes
- assisting the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
Kisharon, an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ special school for pupils aged 4-19 years, has an integrated approach towards developing the potential and independence of our pupils with moderate to severe and profound learning difficulties.
For a job description and application pack please visit www.kisharonschool.org.uk or contact the school directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8455 7483.
Salary: £14,500 depending on level of experience
Vacancies for College Support Assistants and Job Coaches, NW London
Do you have the drive to support college students in our new Vocational College Study Programme and in Supported Living?
- Support students at college aged 18-25 with learning disabilities on a 1:1 basis
- Support students’ independence and inclusion in education, vocational and community life
- Work as part of, and be supported by, our leading and dedicated team
- Bring your own interests, creativity and enthusiasm to engage with the people we support
- Commit to showing dignity and respect at all times to the individuals we support
- Make a real difference to people’s lives in highly fulfilling roles
- Have access to a wide range of employee benefits e.g. season ticket loan, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers, etc.
1. Vocational College Support Assistants – hours: part-time, term-time only (34 weeks a year), Tues-Thurs 9.00am-4.00pm, Fri 9.00am-12.30pm plus hour staff meeting.
The role may involve personal care:
- One Assistant to support a female
- One Assistant to support a male
Salary: £9,124.50 p.a.
Additional hours available throughout the year supporting college students and other adults with learning disabilities in Supported Living – flexible shifts on Mondays, in evenings and over weekends, £8.79-£10.33 p/hr depending on qualifications.
2. Job Coach – part time and sessional opportunities
Are you a strong team player with a desire to support people to reach their potential through work experience and employment? If you are creative, self motivated and looking for an organisation that offers support and recognition – this could be for you. You will coach students to gain work experience and employment, provide travel training and the practical skills required for the working world.
Skills and Tasks
- Experience and enthusiasm working with people with learning disabilities, social care, education and/or youth sectors.
- Excellent teaching, training, coaching and rapport building.
- Drive and initiative to support individual students to reach their goals.
- Energy and passion to support the development of this innovative vocational programme.
Salary: £12 p/hour
Interested? Click here for an application form click here for the job description for College Support Assistant and click here for the Job Coach Job description. For further details contact Avni Thakrar, HR Administrator, 020 3209 1182/ email@example.com. For an informal chat call Aviva Braunold, Manager of Kisharon Vocational College, on 073 7786 2895.
Nursery Key Worker, Tuffkid Nursery, NW11
Hours: 5 days per week, term time only (3 days a week 8.15am-1.30pm & 2 days a week 8.15am – 3.30pm)
Salary: According to experience + qualifications
We are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic Nursery Key Worker to join our passionate and dedicated team and work with special needs and mainstream children, following EYFS guidelines.
Kisharon takes pride in developing its staff to high standards and encouraging staff to improve their skills. Applicants who do not hold an NVQ3 will be supported to complete this.
The Nursery Key Worker will help to provide innovative and creative opportunities for children to grow and develop in a safe and stimulating environment which has Kisharon’s Jewish ethos at its heart.
Competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Interested? Click here for an application form and click on job description to access details about this role, or contact Avni Thakrar, HR Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal discussion contact Janice Marriott, Head Teacher of Tuffkid Nursery on 020 8201 8488.
Wellbeing Support Workers
Maternity Cover, Casual and Full Time vacancies available within Day Opportunities and Employment and Supported Living Services, London NW4, NW11, N16.
We are seeking to recruit new Wellbeing Support Workers for our newly transformed integrated Day opportunities & Supported Living services and our new Vocational College Programme. Could this be you?
Our main priority for these roles is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes. You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent Wellbeing Support Worker.
Above all we want people who share our values. These are:
- Commitment to showing dignity and respect at all times to the individuals we support
- Providing excellent care, support and being the best we can
- Working well together as part of our leading and innovative collaborative team.
- Bringing your own interests and creativity to engage the people we support.
Are these values important to you?
The role is varied and no two days will be the same. It will likely include support with personal care needs, enabling meaningful vocational work experiences, building confidence and self-esteem and developing opportunities to enable relationships in the local community. It will also include organising and participating in a wide range of their specific interests to help their development such as exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions within a religious Jewish ethos.
Training and development will be provided. Key is a willingness to learn and develop new skills, be positive and the ability to work as part of a team.
Full, part time or flexible shifts are available on weekdays, evenings, overnight and weekends: £8.79-£10.33 p/hour.
Interested? Click here for an application form and click on job description to access details about this role, or contact Avni Thakrar, HR Administrator for more information, email@example.com . To find out more about vacancies in Hackney, N16, please call Micki Herzog, Manager, Hackney Day Opportunities and Employment on 079 3037 1197/020 8880 2033. For vacancies in Supported Living, NW4, NW11, please call Afolake Fakeye, Supported Living Manager on 079 8329 2128.