We are passionate about fulfilling our mission of supporting each unique person so they can progress, achieve independence, enjoy life and be included in the communities in which they live. If you have the energy and enthusiasm to help grow our success – read on to see the current vacancies. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
For general details about working at Kisharon such as benefits, training, etc., click on Working for us
Kisharon expects all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS criminal check is required for most roles.
Capital Fundraising Executive
Colindale, NW London, Full Time
Construction has commenced on Kisharon’s exciting £12.5m school redevelopment and we are looking for a dedicated Capital Fundraising Executive to join our dynamic fundraising team to help guide the school to its completion in 2020.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in fundraising and the ability to build strong relationships with existing and new supporters, be self-motivated and driven for success, and have excellent written communications skills and a high level of numeracy.
- Work in an exciting and fulfilling culture with a supportive and dedicated team
- Competitive salary c.£30k based on experience plus a wide range of employee benefits e.g. season ticket loan, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers, etc.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Richard Franklin, Director of Fundraising, Marketing & Communications on 020 3209 1189.
Closing date for applications: 5 August 2018
Colindale, NW London, full time, 1 year fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Impressive benefits include generous holiday, early closing Friday, friendly and supportive Finance Team and a job in an organisation with real purpose and meaning.
£33-38k p.a. dependent on experience and qualifications.
Kisharon is a charity that is passionate about supporting children and adults with learning disabilities to fulfil their potential. If you have the skills and experience and would like to play a vital part in this, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Manager at Head Office.
This pivotal, senior role includes liaising with all departments:
- Managing accounting records
- Producing monthly management accounts for all Kisharon activities
- Maintaining the invoice register and core records of fees to Local Authorities
- Managing Sales Ledgers and credit control function
- Accounting, reconciliations (inc EPOS and other software) and production of detailed management information for all Kisharon Enterprises’ activities
- Line managing the Purchase Ledger Administrator
Required: a recognised accounting qualification and min. 3 years’ experience in a senior accounting role; self-motivated to achieve excellence, a keen eye for detail, excellent numeracy, written and communication skills; the drive to make a significant contribution to our charity.
Wide range of employee benefits e.g. season ticket loan, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers, etc.
For an informal discussion contact Paul Darnell, Director of Corporate Services, on 020 3209 1170.
Closing date for applications: 4th July 2018
Full Time Teaching Assistant, Kisharon School, NW11
This is an exciting time to join our Kisharon family as we have been granted planning permission to build a brand new, state of the art school building, due to open January 2020.
Are you passionate about empowering students with learning difficulties?
- Do you have the enthusiasm, commitment and determination to develop our students?
- Can you roll up your sleeves and work under pressure, as part of a dedicated team?
- Are you highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Are you committed to an ethos that promotes the progress and well-being of each pupil.
If you can respond with “Yes” to the above questions, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of specialist teaching staff. Responsibilities will include:
- undertaking classroom and school wide work
- providing care and enabling access to learning for all pupils
- carrying out pupils support programmes
- assisting the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
Kisharon, an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ special school for pupils aged 4-19 years, has an integrated approach towards developing the potential and independence of our pupils with moderate to severe and profound learning difficulties.
For a job description and application pack please visit www.kisharonschool.org.uk or contact the school directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8455 7483.
Salary: £14,500 depending on level of experience
Wellbeing Support Workers
Full Time, Casual, and Maternity Cover vacancies available within Day Opportunities and Employment and Supported Living Services, London NW4, NW11, N16.
We are seeking to recruit new Wellbeing Support Workers for our newly transformed integrated Day opportunities & Supported Living services and our new Vocational College Programme. Could this be you?
Our main priority for these roles is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes. You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent Wellbeing Support Worker.
Above all we want people who share our values. These are:
- Commitment to showing dignity and respect at all times to the individuals we support
- Providing excellent care, support and being the best we can
- Working well together as part of our leading and innovative collaborative team.
- Bringing your own interests and creativity to engage the people we support.
Are these values important to you?
The role is varied and no two days will be the same. It will likely include support with personal care needs, enabling meaningful vocational work experiences, building confidence and self-esteem and developing opportunities to enable relationships in the local community. It will also include organising and participating in a wide range of their specific interests to help their development such as exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions within a religious Jewish ethos.
Training and development will be provided. Key is a willingness to learn and develop new skills, be positive and the ability to work as part of a team.
Full, part time or flexible shifts are available on weekdays, evenings, overnight and weekends: £8.79-£10.33 p/hour.
Interested? Click here for an application form and click on job description to access details about this role, or contact Avni Thakrar, HR Administrator for more information, email@example.com. To find out more about vacancies in Hackney, N16, please call Micki Herzog, Manager, Hackney Day Opportunities and Employment on 079 3037 1197/020 8880 2033. For vacancies in Supported Living, NW4, NW11, please call Afolake Fakeye, Supported Living Manager on 079 8329 2128.