We are passionate about fulfilling our mission of supporting each unique person so they can progress, achieve independence, enjoy life and be included in the communities in which they live. If you have the energy and enthusiasm to help grow our success – read on to see the current vacancies. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
For general details about working at Kisharon such as benefits, training, etc., click on Working for us
Kisharon expects all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS criminal check is required for most roles.
Kisharon Head Office, 333 Edgware Road, London: Chief Executive
Kisharon is seeking an outstanding and passionate Chief Executive who will drive our ambitious strategy and make a significant impact on both the organisation and the wider Jewish community. Reporting to the Chairman and Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership and strategic management as well as effective resource management. S/he will raise the profile of our work, be a key external ambassador and will build strong relationships with key stakeholders and future partners. In addition, s/he will manage the Senior Leadership Team and foster a productive and friendly work environment.
This role offers a unique opportunity for an individual with a genuine passion for supporting each unique person, so they can progress, achieve independence, enjoy life and be included in the Jewish communities in which they live. The successful candidate will demonstrate significant senior leadership experience, strong resource management and commercial acumen. S/he will be an engaging and inspiring communicator and will have excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills that will inspire fundraising and other income generating activities. Knowledge and awareness of the special education and/or care sector is highly desirable but not essential. Most importantly, s/he will demonstrate a strong alignment with Kisharon’s religious values and mission.
If you have the experience, energy and enthusiasm to help lead Kisharon and grow our success, you can apply or download further information for the role at https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies quoting reference 3931. The closing date for applications is 0900hrs GMT on Thursday 10th January 2019.
The salary is commensurate with the seniority of this position. The role is based in Colindale, North West London.
Tuffkid Nursery, London NW11: Nursery Key Worker
Ofsted rating “Outstanding” 2011 & 2016.
Hours: Term time only
5 mornings: 8.15am-1.30pm plus 2 – 4 afternoons: 1.30pm – 3.45pm
Salary: According to experience + qualifications
Start Date: January 2019
We are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic Nursery Key Worker to join our passionate and dedicated team and work with special needs and mainstream children, following EYFS guidelines.
Tuffkid brings extensive experience in nurturing the early development of children from 2 to 4 years of age. The Nursery Key Worker will help to provide innovative and creative opportunities for children to grow and develop in a safe and stimulating environment which has Kisharon’s Jewish ethos at its heart.
Competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
All applicants must have, or be willing to work towards, an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
For an informal discussion contact Janice Marriott, Head Teacher of Tuffkid Nursery on 020 8201 8488.
Kisharon Vocational College, NW London: Support Assistant, Part time
Do you have the drive to support college students in our Vocational College Study Programme?
We are looking for one male Support Assistant to support a male student
- Support students at college aged 18-25 with learning disabilities on a 1:1 basis
- Support students’ independence and inclusion in education, vocational and community life
- Work as part of, and be supported by, our leading and dedicated team
- Bring your own interests, creativity and enthusiasm to engage with the people we support
- Commit to showing dignity and respect at all times to the individuals we support
- Make a real difference to people’s lives in highly fulfilling roles
- Have access to a wide range of employee benefits e.g. season ticket loan, rewards and discounts at popular retailers, childcare vouchers, etc.
The role will involve personal care:
Hours: 2 days a week: Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday 9.00am – 4.00pm.
Salary: Competitive rates according to experience
Additional hours may be available throughout the year supporting college students and other adults with learning disabilities.
Deadline for applications: 20th January 2019
Start Date: Immediate start following one day Induction
For an informal chat call Aviva Braunold, Manager of Kisharon Vocational College, on 07377862895.
Kisharon Adult Services: Wellbeing Support Workers
Location: North and North West London
We are recruiting: full time, part time and casual Wellbeing Support Workers for our transformed and integrated Day Opportunities & Supported Living services.
Could this be you?
Our main priority is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes. You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent Wellbeing Support Worker.
Above all we want people who share our values. These are:
- Commitment to showing dignity and respect at all times to the individuals we support
- Asking and prioritising their needs and wishes, and supporting people to achieve them independently wherever possible
- Providing excellent care, support and being the best we can
- Working well together as part of our leading and innovative team
- Bringing your own interests and creativity to engage the people we support
Are these values important to you?
The role is varied and no two days will be the same. It is likely to include:
- support with personal care needs
- enabling meaningful vocational work experiences
- building confidence, self-esteem and independence
- developing opportunities to enable relationships in the local community.
- organising and participating in a wide range of their specific interests to help their development such as exercise, cooking, arts & crafts, drama, music, gardening, shopping trips and social occasions within a religious Jewish ethos.
Training and development will be provided. Key is a willingness to learn and develop new skills, be positive and the ability to work as part of a team.
Flexible shifts are available on weekdays, evenings, overnight and weekends: £8.97 – £10.54 p/hour.
Send completed applications to Donna Deena Jacobs, HR Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
Kisharon School, NW London: Full Time Teaching Assistant
This is an exciting time to join our Kisharon family as we have been granted planning permission to build a brand new, state of the art school building, due to open January 2020.
Are you passionate about empowering students with learning difficulties?
- Do you have the enthusiasm, commitment and determination to develop our students?
- Can you roll up your sleeves and work under pressure, as part of a dedicated team?
- Are you highly motivated, with strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Are you committed to an ethos that promotes the progress and well-being of each pupil.
If you can respond with “Yes” to the above questions, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of specialist teaching staff. Responsibilities will include:
- undertaking classroom and school wide work
- providing care and enabling access to learning for all pupils
- carrying out pupils support programmes
- assisting the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
Kisharon, an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ special school for pupils aged 4-19 years, has an integrated approach towards developing the potential and independence of our pupils with moderate to severe and profound learning difficulties.
Click here for an application form and click on Job Description to access details about this role, or contact Donna Deena Jacobs, HR Administrator for more information, email@example.com or contact the school directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8455 7483.
Salary: £14,500 depending on level of experience