The key to our success is our people. Successful candidates come from a wide diversity of backgrounds and bring dedication, compassion, skills, experience and/or a thirst to learn. They must also share our values – integrity, respect, kindness and community. We prioritise an inclusive and collaborative culture, always striving to improve support to both those we support and our staff.
See what our current staff say about working at Kisharon – click here.
We are currently a staff of approximately 200, with an almost equal number of dedicated volunteers.
We strive to deliver the highest quality services across our Nursery, School, Adult Day Opportunities, Supported Living Services, Further Education, Social Enterprises and Head Office.
Committed to the safety and wellbeing of the adults and children in our care, we recruit within the framework of safeguarding, including a DBS criminal record check where appropriate for the role.
Are you a good fit for the Kisharon family? Reach out – we would love to hear from you.
Deeply committed to the development of our staff, Kisharon provides a robust training schedule, including mandatory and non-mandatory training, allowing our staff to enjoy career satisfaction and progression in every area of the organisation
- We sponsor and strongly encourage our support staff to achieve NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care
- We run skills, leadership and management development courses, delivered face-to-face and through e-learning, for ongoing development
Our people tell us that Kisharon is a positive and supportive place to work and that we look after them well (see the People Profiles in our Staff Handbook). We offer a wide range of staff benefits which includes:
- LifeWorks – our Employee Assistance Programme enables our employees to receive free, confidential support with finance, mental, physical and emotional well-being, as well as discounts and cashback with popular retailers and brands.
- Death In Service life insurance
- Group Income Protection in the event of you becoming ill and unable to work
- SmartHealth – 24/7 access to a range of GP and other health and wellbeing experts.
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Childcare voucher scheme (for existing members)
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care benefits for employees and their families
- Occupational sick pay
- Time off for family celebrations and above statutory compassionate leave
- Cycle loan scheme
- Employee referral bonus – earn a significant bonus for bringing in new employees
Q. Is it possible to gain a qualification while working at Kisharon?
A. We offer many opportunities to gain qualifications while working at Kisharon.
Q. Should I be familiar with Jewish culture and faith to be successful in obtaining a job?
A. No. Kisharon takes great pride in our multicultural workforce and encourages applicants from every background. Ongoing education around Kisharon’s religious ethos is provided. We expect all employees to carry out their role in a way that is respectful and supports the cultural, religious and social wishes of those we support, and of colleagues.
Q. Do you make reasonable adjustments for disabled candidates?
A. Yes. We will make any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and when employing people with disabilities. Please let us know how we can support you.
Q. How do I apply for a role?
A. Select the job you are interested in on our Current Vacancies page and download the application form. Alternatively you can request an application form by calling the HR Department on 020 3209 1182.
Q. I applied for a role and I haven’t heard anything, what should I do?
A. If you haven’t heard from us two weeks after the closing date then, unfortunately, you may not have been successful. Please contact a member of the HR team on 020 3209 1160 for more information.