Kisharon takes the privacy of your information and how it is used very seriously, and we will only use your personal information in accordance with the current data protection law in the UK and this Privacy Notice. This notice describes Kisharon’s Privacy Notice and how we aim to repay the trust you have shown by sharing your personal data with us.
This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information we hold about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
The website https://www.kisharon.org.uk/ is owned and operated by Kisharon.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person”.
Who is the Data Controller?
A Data Controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible for keeping and using personal data in paper or electronic files. We are the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations.
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever personal data is to be processed:
(a) Consent: you have given Kisharon clear consent for your personal data to be processed for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with Kisharon, if Kisharon has asked you to take specific steps before entering into this contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for Kisharon to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
(d) Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
(e) Public task: the processing is necessary for Kisharon to perform a task that is in the public interest or for its official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for Kisharon’s legitimate interests, or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data that overrides those legitimate interests.
What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure or right to be forgotten.
- The right to restriction of processing.
- The right to be informed.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- When you make a phone call or send an e-mail to seek information about our services;
- Recruitment and employment, including agents, suppliers and contractors;
- When you have donated to us via any method whether directly or indirectly;
- You have used our services or benefited from Kisharon including enrolment in our school, nursery or other programmes;
- Through our use of the Cookies on our website (please see the Cookies section);
- Through your request for publications and other marketing materials;
- Through your request for information about our services and related topics and events;
- Through your registration for events;
- Through you contacting us with enquiries and comments;
- Through ticket purchases;
- Through volunteering and event attendance;
- If you are a next of kin of our staff or service users we may have your data given to us in that capacity.
If you take one of the steps mentioned above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- Your name, address, email address and other contact information;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- Health data;
- Protected characteristics;
- Disclosure and Barring Service clearance data;
- Donation history;
- Financial information;
- Details of your visit to the website;
- Multimedia files such as photographs and video footage;
- Information about your service user experiences and
- Any other information provided to us when you contacted us to apply for a place in our nursery or school, such as health information including details of disability and safeguarding necessities or other circumstantial details.
Information others may share with us about you:
We never buy personal data from third parties or trade data with other charities. However, there are times when we have to report to our funders and regulators or other relevant bodies how we have used our funds/budgets and in those circumstances, we will report your information either aggregately or anonymously.
Where we store your personal data:
The data that we collect from you will be processed at our servers in the UK. It may also be processed by organisations operating in the EEA that Kisharon has instructed.
If personal data is transferred outside the UK or EEA to a country without a designated adequacy rating Kisharon will request the data subject’s consent before processing the data. Consent will not be sought where the processor’s binding corporate rules stipulate that the data will be processed in accordance with GDPR.
Uses made of the information:
We will process any of your personal data, in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for the following reasons: to provide you with the services you have requested; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; for administrative purposes; to assess enquiries; and to provide you with information about us and our services. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep your information:
We retain the personal data processed by us in a live environment for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulations).
In addition, personal data may be securely archived with restricted access and other appropriate safeguards where there is a need to continue to retain it.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kisharon, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of safeguarding or other statutory regulations we have to comply with.
Accessing your Information:
You can request to see a copy of the information we hold about you. Please contact us at email@example.com We will endeavour to action your request as quickly as possible.
Kisharon may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Changes to Kisharon’s Privacy Notice:
This privacy notice was last updated on 26 November 2020. Kisharon reserves the right to vary this privacy notice from time to time. Such variations become effective on posting on this website. Your subsequent use of this website or submission of personal information to will be deemed to signify your acceptance to the variations.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to complain about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to email@example.com and addressed to our Data Protection Officer, Shaun Beresford. We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)