Our Supported Living service gives Jewish adults with learning difficulties the opportunity to live independently in their own home and to work with the confidence of having Kisharon’s ongoing support behind them.
Our team of support workers creates a plan for each individual based on their needs and the number of support hours per week that are available to meet their needs.
Kisharon provides support to people living in their own property.
- This property can be rented or owned.
- In most cases, housing benefit will cover the rent (depending on eligibility).
- Kisharon owns a number of properties with accommodation available in Golders Green.
- The local authority pays for a support worker to come and help. This will vary depending on need.
- The local authority reviews everyone’s needs on an annual basis.
- Living expenses such as groceries and utility bills such as gas, electricity, telephone and water rates will be paid for by the individual from their salary or benefits, as well as the cost of their leisure activities. Our support workers will help with this.
Kisharon works within a Jewish framework supporting and encouraging involvement in the local community so that everyone has the opportunity to be involved in the full rhythm of the Jewish calendar should they wish, and live a fulfilled life as a valued member of the local community.
Your views are important. If you have a complaint about Kisharon’s supported living service, want to make a comment or even send a compliment you can download information in easy read to guide you here.
Care Quality Commission Report 2015 (Extract)
“The service was well-led. Staff placed value in people using the service, and were supported by a management team that promoted a positive, inclusive and empowering culture.” Care Quality Commission 2015.