Each child has an individually planned curriculum. Children are allowed to experiment and focus on activities that interest them.
Some children will choose to play in the home corner where they need to co-operate with others. Other children may not be ready to share or play with others and prefer to find an area, such as outside, where they have their own space. Each child is encouraged to develop at his or her own pace. We take our lead from the children and help them to pursue their own interests.
Tuffkid follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. This states that, ‘through play in a secure environment, with effective adult support, children can:
- Explore, develop and represent learning experiences that help them make sense of the world.
- Practice and build up ideas, concepts and skills.
- Learn how to control impulses and understand the need for rules.
- Be alone, be alongside others or co-operate as they talk or rehearse their feelings.
- Take risks and make mistakes.
- Think creatively and imaginatively.
- Communicate with others as they investigate or solve problems.